Students Sought AfterBy the time of graduation, FLA students have acquired many of the skills and attributes highly sought after by potential employers and graduate schools. Such attributes include: full communication skills in English, multicultural communication competence, critical and analytical thinking ability, a passion for knowledge, an appreciation of the global environment, and in-depth knowledge in major subject areas. Hence FLA students readily find employment in Japanese and foreign firms, as well as entrance into some of the best graduate programs in the world.
Learn More .
Get ConnectedIn association with Sophia’s Career Center, the FLA has developed networks to facilitate students seeking internships and employment opportunities. There are on-campus job fairs and information sessions on employment both in Japan and abroad. We welcome the participation of alumni in such events.
- Network with the FCC/FLA/GPGS community
- Get back in touch with old friends
- Contact fellow alumni and exchange information
- Post internships and job openings for students and fellow alumni
- Contact potential applicants
- Check vacancies of interest to you
- Become an “All Sophians” member
- Find branches of the Sophia Network Alumni
- Association near you – either in Japan or abroad
- Join the All Sophians’ Century Anniversary Movement
- Find out about the Sophians’ club
- Sign up to receive online news of All Sophians’ events
- Donate to Sophia causes
- Get a Sophia email address
- Stay in touch with what’s happening at Sophia
- Attend events and seminars
- Take part in community service
- See discounts and special offers available to Sophians
How Did You Get There?FLA graduates develop unique and remarkable career paths in a surprisingly wide range of fields. But how did they get where they are now? How did the FLA program help them get where they wanted to be? What advice can they give to current students? Below you will find some FLA alumni telling fascinating stories about their lives beyond Sophia and FLA.
Find out alumni’s stories here.